Home >> Treatments >> Ayurvedic Treatments >> Panchakarma
Ayurvedic Panchakarma Treatment (Detoxification Therapy)
Five way of Treatments
What is panchakarma?
Pancha - Five
Karma - Procedures
The group of five body purificatory procedures in Ayurveda known as Panchakarma.
- Kashaya Vasthi
- Sneha Vasthi
These are technically termed as Panchakarma. These are Bio cleansing procedures in Ayurveda. By these methods the toxins accumulated in the body are expelled through the natural orifices of the body.
- Vamana - Excessive toxins collected in the Stomach eliminated through Mouth by using the procedure called Vamanam.
- Virechana, Kashaya Vasthi, Sneha Vasthi - Excessive toxins collected in the Lower Intestine eliminated through Anus by using the procedures called Virechanam & both Vashies
Nasyam - Excessive toxins collected in the upper part of the body (Head & Neck) is eliminated through NOSE by using the procedure called Nasyam. Since these are the major procedures they require Pre-operative And Post-operative procedures. The Pre-operative procedures known as Poorvakarma - oleation & Sudation are the major Pre-operative measures. oleation - The accumulated impurities/toxins in the body are moisturized & transformed in to a form suitable for elimination. Sudation – This is intended to liquefy the impurities/toxins & then leads to gastrointestinal tract. After this administering appropriate Panchkarma, toxins are expelled through the nearest natural orifice of the body. The Post-operative procedures known as Paschatkarma - Diet , Rest & Internal Ayurvedic Medicine.
Benefits of Panchkarma:
- 1) It is very much helpful for the complete cleansing of entire body which leads to DETOXIFICATION of the body.
- 2) Panchkarma highly beneficial to cure a disease from its root cause.
- 3) Panchkarma highly recommend for all chronic diseases.