Home >> Treatments >> Ayurvedic Treatments >> Udavarthanam
Ayurvedic Udavarthanam Treatment (Dry Massage)
Udavarthanam is a dry massage therapy. In this process medicated oils and herbs, along with a special herbal powder. Udwarthanam is a treatment procedure in which powdered medicines are rubbed over the body in upward direction. Powdered medicines are taken in pan and heated. This powder is then rubbed over the body in upward direction in seven standard positions. Thereafter, the patient is advised to take hot water bath.
Benefits of Udavarthanam Treatment
- Exfoliates dead cells, softens the skin.
- Reduces the accumulated sub cutaneous fats.
- Detoxification and purification.
- It reduces the blood cholesterol, stimulates the skin. Revitalizes the sense of touch.
- Removes Kapha toxins from the body.
- Prevents untimely drowsing.