What is Diabetes?
Diabetes Mellitus mainly known as Diabetes is a chronic disease where the pancreas cannot create enough insulin to process the glucose in the blood.which results in the condition called Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar).
TYPES OF DIABETES
Type 1 diabetes
Type 1 diabetes– Type 1 diabetes is also termed as insulin-dependent diabetes. This type of diabetes is considered as an autoimmune illness. The immune system strikes and terminates the cells in the pancreas, where insulin is prepared. It’s not clear what causes this breakdown.
Nearly 12 percent of the individuals with diabetes have this type. There are a number of medical threats which are associated with Type 1 diabetes. It can cause damage to the blood vessels in your eyes, nerves, and kidneys. It becomes even more serious when there is risk of heart disease and stroke involved.
Type 2 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes– The very much common form of diabetes is type 2 diabetes, calculating for at least 96% of diabetic cases in adults. It happens when the body starts to resist the insulin, and sugar tends to increase in your blood.
Type 2 diabetes was called adult-onset diabetes before, but with the widespread of obese kids and teenagers even they are developing Type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is also termed as non-insulin-dependent diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes is typically milder than Type 1 diabetes. Be that as it may, Type 2 diabetes can be the significant reason for complications appearing to the kidneys, nerves, and eyes. Type 2 diabetes likewise expands your danger of coronary illness and stroke.
What happens to your body when you have diabetes?
- Cardiovascular disease– Diabetes significantly increases the possibility of several cardiovascular complications, including coronary artery disease with chest ache, heart attack, and contraction of arteries. You are more likely to have heart disease or heart attack.
- Nerve damage– Additional sugar can rupture the walls of the tiny blood vessels that nourish your nerves, especially in your legs. This can cause prickling, numbness, burning sensation or pain that typically instigates at the tips of the toes or fingers thereby spreading progressively. If this is left untreated, you could lose all sensation in the affected limbs. Loss to the nerves related to digestion can cause problems with nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation.
- Kidney damage– The kidneys include a lot of tiny blood vessel clusters that filter waste from your blood. Diabetes can damage this delicate filtering system. Serious harm can lead to kidney failure or permanent end-stage kidney disease, which may involve dialysis or a kidney transplant.
- Eye damage– Diabetes can harm the blood vessels of the retina possibly leading to blindness. Diabetes also raises the risk of other serious vision conditions, like cataract or glaucoma.
- Foot damage– Nerve damage due to poor blood circulation to the feet results in the risk of several foot complications. When left untreated, any cuts or sores can progress severe infections, which often do not heal. Eventually if not taken care well, due to the infections you will be required to get your toe, foot or leg amputated.
- Skin ailments– Diabetes may leave you more vulnerable to skin problems, mostly bacterial and fungal infections.
DIABETES AYURVEDIC TREATMENT
- Controlling diet– The food we eat plays a very important role in controlling Diabetes. A nutritious diet helps in achieving a healthy lifestyle. Good food helps us to reduce the symptoms of the disease. Ayurveda not only improves the condition of the body it also helps in keeping Diabetes in control. Include foods that are anti-bacterial in nature like turmeric, ginger; vegetables like bitter gourd, alma, etc. It is always better to take an expert’s advice before you make any changes in your diet. Feel free to consult with our doctors at Agni Ayurvedic Village.
- Making lifestyle changes– Ayurveda believes that persistent exercise helps diabetes. It let go of the symptoms of diabetes. Ayurveda states that lack of exercise is one of the main reasons for diabetes. Exercise plays a major role in decreasing blood glucose levels and also maintaining metabolism. Along with natural remedies and physical activities combined will give you better results than just medication. Simple yoga and meditation also helps in relieving stress.
- Taking proper medications and treatment– it is very important to take proper medications and treatments for this kind of illness. As concerned with the treatment of the ailment, ayurvedic medicines are prepared using a mix of herbs and other plants. Ayurveda is completely capable of overcoming various health problems. Treatments like Panchakarma help in removing all the toxins from the body thereby purifying and detoxifying the body.
Tailored authentic Kerala Ayurveda treatments will be prescribed by our doctors, regular yoga and physical exercise; individually customized low carbohydrate diet will go a long way in maintaining normal blood level sugar.