Monsoon/ Rainy season is of highest importance in Ayurveda. This season makes Vata and Pitta doshas less effective. Therefore, this imbalanced Vata dosha aggrevates joint problems, such as Rheumatism, Sciatica, Osteoarthritis, Frozen shoulder and imbalanced Pitta dosha causes indigestion issues. his season, Immunity also tends to be at its lowest, causing chances of catching infectious diseases such as viral fever, cold and cough, malaria, cholera, typhoid and Hepatitis.
Keeping in mind the end goal to balance your Vata and Pitta doshas , couple of basic steps has to be taken care of throughout this season.
- Drink clean, boiled water (Boiled water is lighter in nature and easily absorbable by the body)
- Take care of stagnant water in surroundings to avoid mosquitoes and smoke your premises with Aparajitha dhoopa churna ( This helps to disinfect the premises and avoid mosquitoes )
- Reduce eating outside/ junk foods
- Store food in safe airtight containers
- Eat fresh and hot food (Cold food aggrevates Vata dosha and stale food aggrevates Pitta)
Further, following certain diet recommendations would enhance the functions of the two doshas by bringing them to balance this season.
Do’s and Donts ;
- Eat: Brown rice, Wheat preparations, Oats, Roasted cereals, Cornflakes, Black gram, Kidney beans, Bottle gourd, Ginger, Garlic, Onion, Buttermilk etc
- Avoid Millets, Maize, Leafy vegetables, Cauliflower, Fish,Oily, Spicy, Bitter and Astringent food.
There is great news! This is the best time for Ayurveda Monsoon Therapies.
Monsoon Panchakarma Treatment has a unique significance at this point. Monsoon/ Rainy season is a period where the body is most receptive to Ayurvedic therapies. Hence this season is called as the best season for Rejuvenation and Healing.
As the body is delicate, it is more open to treatments. Panchakarma Therapy helps expel the accumulated toxins from the body ( normalizing “Agni”, the seat of one’s digestion ) and prompts a more youthful, fitter, satisfied, healthier you. Agni Ayurvedic Village Therapies like Pizhichil, Elakizhi, Podikkizhi, Njavarakkizhi, sheeradhara etc help incredibly in this season to strengthen your muscles and reduce aches and pains.
A well-trained and experienced Ayurvedic practitioner will help you and guide you on your journey to finding the proper state of health and balance through authentic Ayurveda.