Introduction to Knee Pain and Ayurveda
Knee pain is a common symptom of arthritis, injury, or overuse. Ayurveda offers holistic relief and healing for the mind, body and spirit.
Many people are unaware that knee pain can be caused by something as simple as sitting on the ground for too long or wearing shoes that don’t fit well.
A low-quality mattress may also contribute to knee pain because your joints can sink into it and compress the cartilage that cushions them.
Medicated Oil Massage ( Abhyangam ) for Knee Pain
Medicated oils are a great way to get relief from muscle pain and stiffness. They are also effective for arthritis symptoms and joint pain.
Some benefits of medicated oils include:
-They are easy to apply because they come in a form of a liquid oil or gel.
-They can be applied easily to the affected area, which means that they are comfortable to use for people with sensitive skin.
-All oils contain natural ingredients which provide relief from pain quickly without any side effects.
How Does Ayurveda Treat Knee Pain?
Ayurveda is a traditional healing practice that has been used for many centuries in India. The term Ayurveda means “knowledge of life.” Knee pain is called as “ Janu Shoola “ in Ayurveda. Ayurveda relies on the use of herbs to promote a healthy balance in the body. Ayurveda believes in treating the root cause rather than the symptoms for chronic conditions like knee pain
Ayurveda medicines are derived from plant materials. The herb turmeric, for example, is often used to relieve pain and inflammation in the body.
Types of Knee Pain
Knee pain can be both acute and chronic.
- Acute pain often occurs after an injury to the knee.
- Chronic knee pain is a result of any of the following:
A chronic joint disorder that results in pain and stiffness, often affecting the hands, neck, back, hips and knees. It’s caused by a breakdown of cartilage in the joints. The most common symptom is pain.
It causes degradation of the joint cartilage over time through wear and tear. This can result from injury or age-related changes to the body. The most common symptoms are pain and stiffness in joints and this can happen gradually or suddenly.
– Rheumatoid arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease that causes inflammation of the lining of joints. It is a chronic condition that can lead to joint damage and deformity. RA can affect people of all ages, but it usually appears for the first time between 20-40 years old.
The cause of RA is not well understood, but there are some factors that may contribute to its onset including genetics, environmental factors such as smoking or pollution, and other conditions such as lupus or celiac disease.
Why Agni Ayurvedic Village for Arthritis Treatment
- We strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda and customize the therapies considering the severity (Mild, Moderate, Severe) of the disease and the condition of the sufferer. The medicines and therapies are fixed after individual consultation through deep listening, understanding the need, and analyzing the root cause. We restore the total quality of life by relieving the difficulties.
- We at Agni, being experts in Arthritis Management, realize pain as a highly subjective mind and body experience.
- We incorporate different diagnostic methodologies in identifying the root cause of pain and plan unique customized treatment strategies to eliminate the causes.