Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos)
It is a disorder characterized by hormonal imbalance and is common in women in their reproductive ages. It may clinically be manifested as oligoovulation, biochemical or clinical hyperondeogenism , male patern baldeness, acne, acanthosis nigracens and polycystic ovaries. It is a condition that has cyst on the ovaries that prevent the ovaries from performing normally.
Causes of PCOD/PCOS
- Environmental factors (including diet and exercise)
- Excessive insulin production
Symptoms of PCOD/PCOS
- Excessive facial or body hair (hirsutism)
- Male pattern baldness
- Unexplained weight gain or central obesity
- Irregular mensural periods
Types of PCOS
- Insulin resistant PCOS
- Pill induced PCOS
- Inflammatory PCOS
- hidden PCOs
Risk factors of PCOS
- Mother or sisters having PCOS
- Miscarriage of pre mature delivery
- Endometrial uterine cancer
- Type 2 diabetes
- Eating disorder
Ayurveda describes PCOS to have equal involvement of dosha,dhathu and upadhatu.According to Ayurveda this condition cannot be correlated to a single disease but symptoms bear a resemblance to the terminologies defined as
- yonivyapath(disorder of reproductive system)
- revathy(anovulatory menstruation)
- ashtartava dushti
- shandi yoni vyapath(amennhorhea due to vata prakopa)
Vata and kapha dosha as well as vishama ahara and vihara leads to reduced digestive fire and causes production of aama.This aama production causes improper enzymatic reactions leading to incomplete metabolism andhormonal imbalance this causes hyperandrogenism ultimately leading to anovulation and amennhorhea and ovarian abnormalities like PCOS.
Ayurvedic Treatment for PCOD/PCOS
It is a diosorder involving vata, pitta, kapha, medas, ambuvaha srothas and the arthava dhatu.The treatment should include shodhana, shamana and santharpana therapies.It can be prevented and treated with the help of aahara, vihara ,oushadha and kriyas.
- Aahara:-balanced diet should be followed as abnormal diet hamper nourishment of the fertilized egg and implantation of the zygote.the food that are light and thiktha rasa pradhana should be taken.
- Vihara:-yoga techniques that are helpful for the weight reduction,maintaining blood glucose level and anxiety should be practiced.eg:-anulomaviloma pranayama,kapalbhathi etc.
- Oushadha:-kapha reducing,insulin enhancing,hormone balancing,obstruction clearing herbs like guduchi,amla,haridra etc are useful.kanchanara guggulu ,methi, karela, aswagandha, sathavari,maricha can be used.
- Kriya:-shodhana therapies including virechana and basthi can be performed eg:-shathavaryadi anuvasana vasti,guduchyadi rasayana vasti.
Why Agni Ayurvedic Village for PCOS/PCOD Treatment
- Our experience of over 22 years makes us the best at offering the services required to effectively heal.
- Prime therapies will include udvartana,Patra Pinda Swedana, Jambeera Pinda Swedana, Dhanyamla Dhara etc. Final line of therapies will be finalized after consultation with our inhouse doctor.
- Patients can continue to live life with renewed confidence.